Terms & Conditions
“you”: “The client”, “clients” ; “customers” ; “users” ; “us” ; “ADI’s” ; “Your Instructor” ; “DNPL” ; “we”: ; “the site” ; “our site” ; “the company” “Drive Now Pay Later” ; “approved driving instructors” “the instructor” ; “the driving school” ; “pupil” ; “candidate”.
- ‘you’ means the person named on the booking form as the pupil
•‘we’ ‘us’ means The self-employed instructor
•‘the driving school’ means the driving school or driving instructor providing the course for you
•‘the instructor’ means a driving instructor acting on his/her own or on behalf of a driving school when providing the course.
By booking a course of driving lessons with DNPL, you are indicating that you have read and understood the terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them.
Terms & Conditions
1. Each guaranteed intensive pass course will run for a maximum of 3 months. If, after this time, you have not passed your driving test, you will be charged for additional courses. This includes the time taken for your practical test and the drive home at the end of the course. Additional hours can be booked with your instructor at the agreed hourly rate and is normally £25.
2. Transport to the theory test centre can be arranged as an option to coincide with your lesson time. In such cases, this will form part of your lesson time. The time will cover the period from when you arrive in the car until we drop you off home after the theory test.
3. On your first lesson the driving instructor will check that you pass the legal required eye sight test (20.5m or 67ft). In the event you fail the eyesight test, unfortunately it will be necessary to abandon the course. Any agreed hours booked with the instructor would be forfeited. When your eyesight has been corrected, you may re-apply at the agreed fee.
4. For reasons of safety, your instructor may decide that you have not reached the required standard to take your practical driving test, and he can refuse to allow you to take the test. In such cases, you will lose your test fee and a refund cannot be offered.
5. The prices quoted on the course guide are for the tests you need, and DNPL will book and organise these on your behalf.
- Theory test retest: £35.
- Practical test retest: usually £88 on a weekday.
- Practical test at weekends, or outside of normal working hours: £113.
- Extended driving tests: £62 extra to standard fees.
NB>> we should be notified on booking if you require an extended driving test, notification on booking is required in order we can send you the correct invoice for deposit payment.
Once a test has been booked, the fee is not refundable.
- Tests can be booked yourself at a reduced rate:
- Theory test: £23
- Standard weekday practical driving test: £62
- Weekend test: £75
- Extended test: £124
These can be booked on the official DVSA booking website and you can find your own cancellations; there is usually a 10-12 week waiting time for a practical test.
If you pay through DNPL, your fee will include the cost of your lessons; we will also manage your booking, obtaining quick cancellations, when available, for both the theory and practical tests.
6. Your deposit for a booking is non-refundable unless we are unable to find you an instructor.
7. Once your deposit has been received, you will have up to 3 months to complete the course from the start date selected on the booking form. If you do not book within the maximum 3 months or you decide not to go ahead with the course, the deposit and any remaining test fees cannot be refunded.
- 8. In the event you are unable to sit a practical driving test before the expiration of the theory certificate, to enable you to continue and complete the driving course,
we will offer to pay for 1 free theory test resit; in such cases we will waive the non-refundable deposit clause.
- Once a time for your course has been agreed with the driving instructor at short notice and you cancel a lesson and it is less than 7 days from the lesson due date, we cannot rearrange a course. In such cases, the fee will apply and the time is lost.
- If you decide to book extra lessons or hours with the instructor and you then decide to cancel or fail to show up, the lessons will be charged and payable to the driving instructor at the standard hourly rate of £25.
11. Whilst undertaking a guaranteed intensive pass course, it is necessary to alleviate the driving time by punctuating with short breaks; you can arrange these breaks with your instructor. However, the total time booked with us will include the break times; it will also include the time taken to hire the car for the practical test and to drive you home afterwards.
12. DNPL acts solely as a booking and administrative agent for driving instructors and driving schools registered with us, and who offer intensive and semi-intensive driving courses in the UK. The company does not provide driving courses. All business is conducted on behalf of the individual driving school or driving instructor. We earn our fees from commission paid from the instructor for confirmed bookings.
13. A ‘confirmed booking’ is made after allocating an ADI, who will agree with the pupil when to commence the driving course.
14. Booked intensive driving courses are based on the average learning ability acquired from past experience and can only be judged on approximation or average findings. DNPL, its advisors or instructors cannot make any guarantees. In the interests of safety, when applying for a driving course, all applicants should be prepared to take extra tuition, if the instructor feels it is necessary, before being permitted to take the driving test.
15. It is not permissible to book a practical driving test before a pupil has satisfactorily passed the theory test and DNPL has been informed of the theory pass number.
16. Availability to take the practical driving test is subject to tests being available by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). All attempts will be made by DNPL to secure a practical test local for the candidate.
If it is the case that no test slots become available for the final day of your course, hours can be held back and you can return to take your test once a suitable test slot has been found. Test centres may be closed at weekends and bank holidays. A test for any specific day cannot be guaranteed but we would expect to secure a slot at the end of your course week, or early the following week, providing the test centre is fully operational. This may necessitate you complete the driving course at a later date than you originally planned.
17. The contract of the intensive driving course is between the candidate and the driving instructor. Any disputes or claims should therefore be taken up with the instructor, in the first instance, and not with DNPL.
DNPL cannot be held responsible for any compensation claim from a pupil, nor can we be held liable for any traffic violation on the part of the pupil or the instructor.
18. The deposit (initial part payment) for the driving course is payable on booking a course to DNPL. This fee covers booking your tests in advance, searching for your quick driving test and reserving an instructor.
19. The remaining balance of any course is payable directly to your driving instructor. Failure to pay the remaining balance when requested will result in immediate cancellation of your course with loss of deposit. If you pay the balance direct to DNPL, we would be acting as an agent and transfer the money to the allocated instructor.
20. In the unlikely event that we cannot fulfil your booking request or allocate you an instructor, you will receive a full refund of the deposit.
21. In the unlikely event the instructor’s vehicle breaks down during your driving course, a refund of the remaining lesson time and outstanding test fees will be made if an alternative instructor cannot be arranged. Lessons taken will be charged at the standard hourly rate of £25.
22. Neither DNPL nor the driving instructor can be held responsible for any loss resulting in course cancellation or test cancellation due to any of the following reasons:
- driving course cancellation due to inclement weather
- driver test cancellation due to inclement weather
- examiner illness
- examiner strike
- instructor illness
- vehicle breakdown
- vehicle product recall.
Where possible your instructor will arrange an alternative date to complete the course in the event any of the above situations occur.
- 23. If you are not taking the course with a pick up from home, please do not make any travel or accommodation arrangements until confirmation. It is advisable not to book time off work until you have communicated with your instructor and your provisional schedule has been confirmed. In the event an instructor is unavailable for your start week, we would automatically search for a start for the following week or weeks until the course can be allocated.
The intensive driving course
All courses are with a DVSA registered, self-employed instructor on an individual basis.
2. Shared courses are not offered, such as more than two pupils in the car at any time.
3. DNPL cannot guarantee test availability, especially if your theory certificate is due to expire (it is valid for 2 years). In the event that a test cannot be booked on immediate completion of the course, an alternative test date will be offered on a date and at a time agreed between the pupil and instructor. No refunds are applicable in this case. If the DVSA cancels a test for whatever reason, DNPL cannot be held liable for the test fee and any lesson time lost; it may be necessary for you to pay for additional lessons to retake the test. In certain circumstances, you may be able to claim reimbursement for some lesson time off the DVSA.
4. Whilst every effort is made to instruct the pupil to reach the required standard to take the driving test, if it is thought by the instructor that the driving skill of the candidate falls below the expected standard, due to strict health and safety of the pupil, examiner and general public, the pupil will not be allowed to take the test. No refund can be made in these circumstances.
5. All our instructors have been approved or licensed by the Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency.
6. The car provided by the instructor will be comprehensively insured with a reputable insurance company. Insurance documentation from the instructor can be requested for viewing at any time. DNPL cannot be held liable for any insurance related claims and any disputes are the responsibility of the instructor.
7. The driving instructor is not permitted by DNPL to smoke in the training vehicle.
8. Refreshment breaks are inclusive in your daily tuition time.
9. The driving instructor will not use a mobile telephone, whilst driving, except in an emergency.
10. The training vehicle will be fitted with dual controls and in good working condition.
11. All special offers and courses or lesson prices are subject to change without notice and are at the discretion of the company.
12. If a gift voucher is given by DNPL, the voucher is valid for a maximum period of 6 months from the date of issue. Gift vouchers are to be used by the person, or persons named on the voucher and are non-transferable.
13. If payment is received by an instructor for a course of lessons and the pupil does not complete the course, the hours remaining are valid for a period of one month if the hours can be rescheduled, at the discretion of the instructor. After this time, the lessons and test fees will be considered forfeited and no refund can be given.
14. When a candidate passes their practical driving test, any unused hours may only be refunded at the discretion of the instructor. The calculation of any refund will be based on the hours used being charged at the standard hourly rate of £25.
- The following points form part of your Agreement Form, which you will be given to sign and print off and will also be signed by your ADI. These points also form a part of the DNPL Drive Now Pay Later scheme:
- You will be required to take a minimum of 40 hours intensive instruction in the first two weeks from your start date when doing a guaranteed pass driving course.
- Lessons can begin whilst you are learning the theory test when doing a guaranteed pass driving course.; in this case, it could delay booking you in for a practical driving test.
- The instructor (ADI) agrees to provide a minimum of 40 hours intensive instruction in the first two weeks from your start date when doing a guaranteed pass driving course..
- Guaranteed intensive pass course hours are a minimum 4-6 hours, unless the instructor agrees otherwise.
- The driving instructor agrees to give you 40 hours minimum instruction in the first two weeks of your course, unless a car is unavailable when doing a guaranteed pass driving course..
- If you opt to pay in full for the drive now pay later when doing a guaranteed pass driving course, the instructors do not get paid for the course until the first 40 hours of instruction have been undertaken and the first test has been completed when doing a guaranteed pass driving course..
- Following your first practical driving test You will have to take two 4 hour sessions of lessons per 2 weeks; if you have not passed after this time you will be charged for additional courses.
- DNPL will pay for your first two practical driving tests, after which your instructor will pay for the remaining tests when doing a guaranteed pass driving course..
- On your first lesson you will be given a contract which will be signed with the Terms and Conditions between you and your instructor when doing a guaranteed pass driving course.; this will state that DNPL is not responsible for any monies paid direct to your instructor and that the contract for the intensive course is between you and your instructor.
- The dates of lessons and the times must be recorded by you and your driving instructor when doing a guaranteed pass driving course..
- All lessons with your instructor must be recorded.
- Any monies given to your instructor outside of the course or any course have nothing to do with DNPL who will not be a party to these transactions, should they occur; DNPL will not accept responsibility for any agreement between any monies paid to instructors outside of the course and will not become involved with any disputes arising from such external transactions.
- Should a dispute arise, this is to be taken up with your instructor or the DVSA.
- A contract will be co-signed between the instructor and the client, indicating limitations and rights when doing a guaranteed pass driving course..
- The first two driving tests are to be booked by DNPL, after which the instructor will book the remaining tests which will include two theory test bookings when doing a guaranteed pass driving course..
- DNPL will book the first two tests, after which your Instructor (ADI) will agree to book any further tests until you pass within the agreement time.
- Guaranteed pass intensive courses are to be completed within a three month period unless your instructor has sent you a text or an email stating otherwise.
- Deposits for any guaranteed intensive course with DNPL are non-refundable
- All deposits are non-refundable unless DNPL cannot allocate you an instructor.
- Any remaining balances from Pay Instructor Courses are to be paid to the instructor when you meet him or her.
- Lessons are to be arranged by yourself and your driving instructor.
- By paying a deposit you are agreeing with our Terms and Conditions.
- With the guaranteed pass intensive courses, in association with Drive Now Pay Later schemes, if a direct debit has failed to be paid you will occur a £50 charge. In this case, you will be required to contact DNPL and pay the remaining balance by bank transfer within 7 days. Failure to do so will mean all lessons are cancelled within this period until payment is made. If no payment has been made your course will be cancelled and you will be entitled to nil refund of any monies.
- Pass first time with the guaranteed pass course and receive £150.
- You will be sent a mini contract which you will be required to sign, print out and bring along to your first lesson with your provisional licence. Your instructor will sign this contract.
- Your instructor will also be required to sign to agree to the Terms and Conditions
- The Agreement will include your instructor ADI badge number agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
- The Agreement includes the instructor’s badge, contact number and car registration number.
- Lessons with your instructor will need to be booked a week in advance.
- Guaranteed pass intensive courses are of 4-6 hours minimum intensive instruction; any lessons with the instructor are to be planned 7 days in advance.
1. You are able to satisfy the driving test eyesight requirements: you can read a number plate from a distance of 20.5m or 67ft.
2. You satisfy the DSVA requirements regarding residency and eligibility requirements.
3. You fill out the booking form correctly in order effective administration duties can be conducted.
4. You declare, prior to booking, any mental or physical health issues which may affect your ability to perform as expected on an intensive driving course.
5. You agree the full course hours and make a note of the hours that have been agreed with the driving instructor (minus the final few hours if we need to save some for a driving test to be arranged).
- If you think the agreed hours are not satisfactory, please call us at this point so that we can arrange an alternative instructor or discuss alternatives. If we are notified at the office, once the course has begun that you cannot do certain times and dates, or the instructor cannot complete the course with you in a certain time scale, unfortunately, we are not in a position to move the course to another local instructor.
6. You agree to book time off work or make travel or accommodation arrangements only once an instructor has called you and confirmed a detailed lesson schedule.
7. You attend your lessons on time. Failure to do so will result in you losing time and the driving school or instructor has no obligation in such circumstances to add time to the end of your lesson. The instructor will wait for 20 minutes for a pupil at the agreed meeting point; if you are not in the car, ready to drive, within 20 minutes of the agreed meeting time, and haven’t made contact with your instructor, we will assume the lesson has been terminated. The instructor is under no obligation to add this time on at the end of the course and the time will be lost.
8. You attend the theory test and practical test on time and take both parts of a valid provisional driving license with you when you attend. Theory test booking confirmations will be sent via email to the email address you provide for us on your booking form. Failure to attend will result in loss of the test fee and you will be obliged to pay for the next one.
9. You can email us with your theory pass number as soon as you pass it, so that we can book a practical test and begin the process of finding you a driving test cancellation.
10. You must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs at any time during your course. If we, or a representative of Your Instructor, suspects or detects any sign of alcohol or drug use, the remainder of the course will be terminated and you will lose all fees paid.
11. A professional approach is expected from the pupil and no abusive behaviour towards the instructor will be tolerated. The course will be terminated and any monies paid will be lost if mental, physical or emotional abuse takes place.
12. On the first lesson, you must provide a signed provisional driving licence. If you fail to produce a valid provisional driving licence, the driving school or instructor cannot legally allow you to drive a car; your booking will be cancelled and any fees forfeited.
13. The construction, validity and performance of any contract shall be governed in all respects by the laws of England and Wales.
1. Drive Now Pay Later is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
2. Any personal information which we hold in order to process your booking will be held securely in accordance with the Law, and will not be sold or passed on to a third party.
Questions about the Terms & Conditions
If you have any questions about the aforementioned Terms and Conditions as outlined in this document please contact us.
Please read the following if you are taking a theory test during your driving course.
Additional Terms and Conditions from the DVSA website for your theory test bookings (if required).
You must bring the following with you to your test:
– Your valid signed GB (or Northern Ireland) photo-card licence.
– If applicable, your old style valid signed GB (or Northern Ireland) paper driving licence and valid passport. (holders of non-UK passports should check that they are eligible to take a driving test here)
It is a legal requirement to produce your licence and photographic evidence of identification. If you do not bring these items with you, or you are late for your test, you will not be allowed to sit your test and you will lose your fee.
Re-schedule and cancellation policy
In the event you need to reschedule your test, you must allow at least five clear working days before your test date, to avoid losing your fee. For example to reschedule a test booked for a Friday you must inform us on the previous Monday.
Please arrive at the test centre 10 minutes before your appointment is due, in order to check in.
Test centres are audio and visually monitored for quality and security purposes.
Personal Items are NOT allowed into a testing room and must be placed in a locker. Personal items include, but are not limited to: mobile phones, ear pieces/ear phones, laptops/hand-held computers/personal digital assistants (PDAs) and other electronic devices, pagers, handbags, purses, wallets, hats, bags, coats, books, revision notes, dictionaries, note paper, pens, watches, food and drink.
If you are found with any of the above prohibited items in the testing room, your test will be stopped, you will be asked to leave the premises and will lose your test fee.
At Drive Now Pay Later, we take any complaint against the service seriously; our aim is to provide an excellent service throughout your experience. If you feel we have let you down or you feel the need to cancel the course please click the link below to request a refund or lodge a complaint. All matters need to be thoroughly investigated so please provide as much information as possible. We aim to deal with your claim as quickly as possible and will respond within 7 days; most simple matters can be resolved within 48/72 hours.